Some of the (slightly less boring) numbers from my everesting attempt of Ditchling Beacon.
- Number of ascents: 65 (not 66 like I thought – thankfully I added more than the required 62)
- Punctures*: 1
- Fastest ascent: 7 minutes 51 seconds (the second ascent)
- Slowest ascent: 10 minutes 6 seconds (somewhere in the wibbly zone between 5000 and 6000 metres)
- Litres of water: 10
- Pizzas: 1.5
- Gels: 0
- Dates: 10
- Bananas: 3
- Largest leg warmer blister ever: 1
- Most persistent earworm: The Jackson 5 – Abc
*The rock you don’t move from the middle of the road will find your front wheel on about the 50th descent.
Thanks to @maziepedals for the photo (and chocolate milk!)